Rapattoni Corporation – Serving the Real Estate Industry Since 1970
Founded by Andy and Niki Rapattoni on August 17, 1970, Rapattoni Corporation has built a history of providing innovative software designed exclusively for the real estate industry.
Rapattoni released its first Association Management Software (AMS) system in 1970 and the company continued to develop and refine its products through the advent of personal computers over the next two decades:
- In 1993, Andy Rapattoni campaigned for the industry to create a unique member number that stayed with real estate professionals no matter where they moved, an idea that evolved into the National REALTOR® Database System (NRDS) ID number that is now used by all NAR members.
- Rapattoni went on to launch the industry's first Internet-based Multiple Listing Service (MLS) system in 1999.
- In 2008, Niki Rapattoni was listed as one of the Top 25 Most Influential Women in Real Estate by the Active Rain Real Estate Network.
- Inman News, one of the leading sources of independent real estate news and information in the United States, named Andy Rapattoni to its list of the 100 Most Influential Real Estate Leaders for 2009.
- The company also led the industry in delivering single sign-on and secure two-factor authentication for REALTORS®, offering token-based Secure Logon in 2006, Single Sign-On in 2007, and keyless Adaptive Authentication in 2009.
Starting from a 110 square foot office in Hollywood in 1970, the Southern California-based company transitioned through two Westwood offices from 1971 through 1985, then spent five years in Santa Monica before relocating to Simi Valley in 1990, where the company continued to grow in size and staff. The company then relocated to a new modern facility in Westlake Village in November of 2019.
CAR Conference, 1973
Andy & Niki Rapattoni, 1970
CAR Conference, 1970
Andy in Westwood offices overlooking UCLA, 1983
Westwood Offices, 1971-1973
Westwood Offices, 1973-1985
Santa Monica Offices, 1985-1990
Simi Valley Offices, 1990-2019
RapLion is featured at conferences & expos
RapCubs are a hit as booth prizes at expos
Andy & Niki Rapattoni celebrate their 50th wedding anniversary, 2010
Westlake Village Offices, 2019-Present
As well-established leaders in the real estate industry, Rapattoni maintains a strong presence at both of the annual National Association of REALTORS® conventions as well as the Real Estate Standards Organization (RESO) conferences, the Council of Multiple Listing Services (CMLS) conference, and additional national, state, and local conventions. Rapattoni takes pride that the leadership team includes veterans who have been with the company 20, 25, 30 and more years and represent 350+ combined years of expertise in the industry. The Rapattoni Lion logo was adopted over 25 years ago and has been a big hit with customers and staff.
Rapattoni continues to deliver powerful solutions that address the industry's evolving needs:
- Rapattoni Magic+ launched in 2022 as the next generation of the company’s industry-leading association management software.
- Rapattoni’s AMS hosting service includes managed database backups, monitored uptime, and software licensing, or customers can host Rapattoni AMS on their own servers.
- Magic+ offers a wealth of powerful new features, including an Online New Member Application, an integrated Member Engagement Platform, flexible payment plans, an enhanced Member Portal with mobile support, and an Application Programming Interface (API).
- Rapattoni’s Connect Dashboard provides REALTORS with a modern and intuitive portal for accessing all their online tools, apps, and services with secure Single Sign-On (SSO) links and Identity Provider (IdP) services.
- Rapattoni MLS delivers a complete solution for MLS organizations, with powerful searches, reports, mapping, prospecting, and other valuable tools that help real estate brokers and agents connect with clients to drive their business.
- Rapattoni’s Atlas Tax provides MLS members with the real estate industry’s most accurate and up-to-date tax data, delivering county tax records along with additional info drawn from census tract data, school attendance zones, FEMA flood maps, custom Geographic Information System (GIS) parcel data, and other valuable resources.
- The Rapattoni Edge MLS Mobile App for iOS and Android is available for all MLS users at no additional charge, providing instant access to live listing information.
- Rapattoni's in-house GIS department develops custom geographic data by request, allowing MLSs to add new map layers showing regionally important information with listing input integration.
- Rapattoni Corporation was the first MLS vendor to implement the RESO Data Dictionary standard with Platinum certification, and Rapattoni Executive Vice President & CTO Brian Tepfer received a RESO Contributor Award at the RESO 2019 Spring Technology Summit for his work as Co-Chair of the RESO Membership Data Dictionary workgroup.
- Rapattoni’s Website Services help real estate associations quickly launch consumer and member sites with configurable content featuring deep integrations with AMS, MLS, and Single Sign-On (SSO). Rapattoni’s association sites also meet the National Association of REALTORS® Core Standards for interactive websites.
In addition to developing innovative software solutions, Rapattoni has focused on providing top-of-the-line customer support throughout its history. The company maintains a help desk with level two technical support, dedicated staff support representatives, and the industry’s leading Real Estate Transaction Standard (RETS) support department. Rapattoni also employs some of the industry’s top programmers and quality assurance engineers along with veteran leaders from the real estate business, all committed to providing customers with superior service and support.
Donations in memory of Andy Rapattoni following his passing in April of 2015 will support Rapattoni scholarships for many years to come at Chaffey High School in Ontario, California, where Niki and Andy were high school sweethearts in the ‘50s. The company also volunteers annually with the Children’s Services Auxiliary of Ventura County’s “Holiday Toy Store” program, collecting toys and gifts for foster children and disadvantaged families as well as those impacted by Ventura County’s wildfires.
Chief Executive Officer Niki Rapattoni remarked, “We celebrated our 50th anniversary in 2020, launched Connect Dashboard and Atlas Tax in 2021, and Magic+ AMS in 2022, while continuing with enhancements for the Rapattoni MLS, plus many other plans on the horizon. With our domain knowledge in all facets of real estate, we continue to stay on the cutting edge of what our customers and the industry demands in AMS, MLS, and related services. With the loss of Andy in 2015 we blasted forward and, as he would say, ‘We are a 50 year old startup company!’”