Rapattoni Corporation – Serving the Real Estate Industry Since 1970
Founded by Andy and Niki Rapattoni on August 17, 1970, Rapattoni Corporation has built a history of providing innovative software designed exclusively for the real estate industry.
Rapattoni released its first AMS system in 1970 and the company continued to develop and refine its products through the advent of personal computers over the next two decades:
- In 1993, Andy Rapattoni campaigned for the industry to create a unique member number that stayed with real estate professionals no matter where they moved, an idea that evolved into the National REALTOR® Database System (NRDS) ID number that is now used by all NAR members.
- Rapattoni went on to launch the industry's first Internet-based MLS system in 1999.
- In 2008, Niki Rapattoni was listed as one of the Top 25 Most Influential Women in Real Estate by the Active Rain Real Estate Network.
- Inman News, one of the leading sources of independent real estate news and information in the United States, named Andy Rapattoni to its list of the 100 Most Influential Real Estate Leaders for 2009.
- The company also led the industry in delivering single sign-on and secure two-factor authentication for REALTORS®, offering token-based Secure Logon in 2006, Single Sign-On in 2007, and keyless Adaptive Authentication in 2009.
Starting from a 110 square foot office in Hollywood in 1970, the Southern California-based company transitioned through two Westwood offices from 1971 through 1985, then spent five years in Santa Monica before relocating to its current home in Simi Valley in 1990.
CAR Conference, 1973
Andy & Niki Rapattoni, 1970
CAR Conference, 1970
Andy in Westwood offices overlooking UCLA, 1983
Westwood Offices, 1971-1973
Westwood Offices, 1973-1985
Santa Monica Offices, 1985-1990
Simi Valley Offices, 1990-Present
RapLion is featured at conferences & expos
RapCubs are a hit as booth prizes at expos
Andy & Niki Rapattoni celebrate their 50th wedding anniversary, 2010
As well-established leaders in the real estate industry, Rapattoni maintains a strong presence at both of the annual National Association of REALTORS® conventions as well as the Real Estate Standards Organization (RESO) conferences, the Council of Multiple Listing Services (CMLS) conference, and additional national, state, and local conventions. Rapattoni takes pride that the leadership team includes veterans who have been with the company 20, 25, 30 and more years and represent 300+ combined years of expertise in the industry. The Rapattoni Lion logo was adopted over 25 years ago and has been a big hit with customers and staff.
Rapattoni continues to deliver powerful solutions that address the industry's evolving needs:
- Rapattoni Magic-Cloud AMS launched in January 2016 as the next generation of the company’s industry-leading association management software.
- Rapattoni’s AMS hosting service includes managed database backups, monitored uptime, and software licensing, or customers can host Rapattoni Magic-Cloud AMS on their own servers.
- Cloud AMS offers a wealth of powerful new features, including Member and Accounting Dashboards, flexible payment plans, an enhanced member portal with mobile support, and an Application Programming Interface (API).
- Rapattoni MLS’s “Front End of Choice” solutions separate the front-end user interface from the back-end database, allowing unparalleled flexibility for customers and their members.
- The Rapattoni Edge MLS Mobile App for iOS and Android is available for all MLS users at no additional charge, providing instant access to live listing information.
- Rapattoni's in-house GIS department develops custom geographic data by request, allowing MLSs to add new map layers showing regionally important information with listing input integration.
- Rapattoni Corporation was the first MLS vendor to implement the RESO Data Dictionary standard with Platinum certification, and Rapattoni Executive Vice President & CTO Brian Tepfer received a RESO Contributor Award at the RESO 2019 Spring Technology Summit for his work as Co-Chair of the RESO Membership Data Dictionary workgroup.
- Rapattoni’s Integrated Website Service (IWS) helps real estate associations quickly launch consumer and member sites with configurable content featuring deep integrations with AMS, MLS, and Single Sign-On (SSO). Rapattoni’s IWS sites also meet the National Association of REALTORS® Core Standards for interactive websites.
In addition to developing innovative software solutions, Rapattoni has focused on providing top-of-the-line customer support throughout its history. The company maintains an in-house help desk with level two technical support, dedicated staff support representatives, and the industry’s leading Real Estate Transaction Standard (RETS) support department. Rapattoni also employs some of the industry’s top programmers and quality assurance engineers along with veteran leaders from the real estate business, all committed to providing customers with superior service and support.
Donations in memory of Andy Rapattoni following his passing in April of 2015 will support Rapattoni scholarships for many years to come at Chaffey High School in Ontario, California, where Niki and Andy were high school sweethearts in the ‘50s. The company also volunteers annually with the Children’s Services Auxiliary of Ventura County’s “Holiday Toy Store” program, collecting toys and gifts for foster children and disadvantaged families as well as those impacted by Ventura County’s wildfires.
Chief Executive Officer Niki Rapattoni remarked, “We will be celebrating our 50th anniversary in 2020, having introduced all new products starting in 2016 and continuing with enhancements and many plans on the horizon. With our domain knowledge in all facets of real estate, we continue to stay on the cutting edge of what our customers and the industry demands in AMS, MLS, and IWS. With the loss of Andy in 2015 we blasted forward and, as he would say, ‘We are a 50 year old startup company!’”